Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Plans, plans, plans.

Today I was thinking about something as I listened to the song No Such Thing by John Mayer when it came on the radio. There's a line in the song that says "'Welcome to the real world' she said to me, condescendingly, 'take a seat, take your life, plot it out in black and white...'"
This made me think about how at this point in my life, getting ready to enter college next year, there are so many people asking you about your plans. Everyone you talk to wants to know where you're going to school, what you're going to major in, everything about your plans. While it's obviously good to have an idea of what you want to accomplish and goals for yourself, there's so much pressure to pick what you want your life to be and just jump into chasing it. The thing is, my plans are nowhere near as wonderful as God's plans. I can't even fathom some of the things He wants to do in my life. "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord..."
I love knowing that I don't have to have everything figured out. The One that made the universe and gave me life knows where my life will lead, & will help me get to certain places in my life to help me reach where He wants me to be to accomplish not my own goals for my life which are rooted in pride, vanity, and selfishness, but HIS plans for my life which are all configured to help me do the things He wants me to do in my life and the purpose of all of them which is to bring glory to Him. I think that especially at this point in life, we need to really remember that His plans are greater than our own, & we need to keep focused on what really matters in order to do His work. As my life prepares to face so many changes, I'm preparing to face them & follow HIS plans for my life, which will always beat my own. What a comfort to know, especially as a person who plans everything out all the time (serial list maker here people!) that God knows what I need better than I do, & will orchestrate my life even when I don't know what's coming.
Seeking His will,
JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment