Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Challenges.

No matter how many times I try to do things my way, God always steps in. I'm so thankful for this, even though I don't always like the way He does it. And that's because it usually involves breaking my plans & taking me out of where I'm comfortable to help me to grow through it. There have been multiple instances, especially over the last few months, where totally unexpected things have happened. Things that I don't understand. The only thing that I know is that I have committed my life to a sovereign God who has the absolute right and ability to do whatever He wants in my life. And when He challenges me through my circumstances, I am thankful. Because it always draws me closer to Him when there is no way I can devise to do it on my own. Even though I am unfailingly surprised and at times bewildered when He first introduces these circumstances into my life, I ultimately always realize that it is His hand that brings them along. He is orchestrating all the pieces of my story to build me up to handle whatever is ahead. Even when I can't see right away how something is going to work out, I know that He knows how it will help draw me closer to Him, and trust Him more the next time. And I know that if I never struggled, I would never know what it's like to overcome struggles. If I never was without things I need, I would never know the joy of finally getting my needs met. If my way of doing things always worked, I would never follow His way. Everything works together for my good, and I trust in that every day. Because of the less desirable parts of life, we are more able to appreciate the really great things. If every day was sunny, we would take it for granted. But when we have to face things that aren't what we want or expect, the "rainy days" in life, we learn to appreciate it when they are what we want. And we learn to look for the ways that even the bad things are good, and can be used in our lives to ultimately benefit us, even when there seems to be no possible way. Whatever you might be facing today, know that it's for your good. God is on your side, and He loves you so much. Whatever your circumstances are, pray that God will show you the good side, and how they can help you grow closer to Him and appreciate His blessings more. And if you're brave enough, pray for challenges. Especially if you're comfortable where you are. God can grow you through any circumstance of your life, but especially through the struggles, because that's when you need Him the most. Even though life is hard, every bit of it works together to write your story, and He will not waste any of it. Let Him work through yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment