Friday, July 23, 2010

Taylor Swift.

This week I took a four day trip to visit a wonderful friend of mine in Nashville, TN. It was my first time to that part of Tennessee at least, & let me tell you, it is BEAUTIFUL over there. The atmosphere is amazing, the scenery is beautiful, both natural & manmade. All around a wonderful place. It was a really great trip, full of LOTS of singing in the car (5 hours of driving alone will do that), lots of riding in the car while we're on the car subject, & lots of laughing with Kristen! Since I was going to Nashville, I of course had hopes of seeing a few famous people, mainly one. And the people that know me the best of anyone know that that person is Taylor Swift. I just think she's just about the greatest person out there right now, & I love her personality, her style, her songs, & just everything about her. I went to her concert in Greenville, SC in September & it was incredible, & we came THIS close to meeting her but didn't get to. So I was disappointed but really hoped that I would get to later. So then since I was going to Nashville I hoped I would get to see her since she's not touring right now. But I knew that the chances were very small & I had pretty much put it out of my mind. So Tuesday, Kristen & I went to meet a lovely friend of hers & her sister for lunch & then went to downtown Franklin to this cute little frozen yogurt place called Sweet CeCe's. Being the Taylor Swift fanatic that I am, I actually recognized it from pictures she had put up in her blog before & so I was already just happy to be somewhere I knew she liked to go to. We were all just sitting there enjoying our delicious frozen yogurt & chatting when Kristen says "There's Taylor Swift." I immediately looked up & goodness gracious would you believe it, there she was. All I remember is that my mouth dropped open, & my hands immediately started shaking! I was that excited. I sat there & stared at her as she spoke to the lady behind her in line who was telling her how much she enjoyed her music, & she continued through the line. She was unfortunately in a hurry & was being rushed through by her bodyguard, probably to get back for her live webcast that was happening that day to talk about her new album, so I didn't get a chance to get a picture with her or talk to her. Either way, it was such a cool experience to see her that close while I was in Nashville & I've been excited since then, & today's Saturday now. :)

I normally don't do blogs that are so memory-based, how my day was type things. But I needed to do this one so I could remember it, & look back & know that it actually happened. :) So, for me & no one else, yes, I really did see Taylor Swift, & it was awesome. & next time I see her, I'll have a picture of us together & not just one of her back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment