Tuesday, October 12, 2010

No matter where He leads.

People keep asking me what I'm majoring in, what I want to be.

I'm honestly wondering if I will ever find the final answer to that question.

I want to be a hundred different things.
It's hard to pin down one specific thing & first of all want to do that forever, and second of all to know for sure that that's where God will want me forever. Those both seem like difficult things to be sure of, especially at my age.

I want to be in Women's Ministries, I know that. That's where my heart is right now. I would LOVE to do conferences & write books & meet and encourage as many women as I could have access to. I love friends, what would be better than traveling around & hearing amazing stories from incredible women about their lives & being used to somehow encourage them in that? I can't really think of many things, for me at least. This is the realistic goal for me at present. But still...

I want to be an interior designer. I really doubt that this will happen for me as a job. But that doesn't stop me from looking forward with extreme fervor and enthusiasm to owning my own house & decorating it to be simply amazing. Blame my Grandmama Jones for my love of decorating.

I want to be a photographer. Again, I doubt this will happen as a job. However, I absolutely love taking pictures and no matter if I ever do it on any level as a professional, I will ALWAYS take pictures, wherever I go for myself at least. And if someone ever wants to pay me to do that, then I won't turn that down.

I want to be a writer. I love to write. I love writing this blog, I love writing papers for english like a huge nerd, I love writing letters to friends & family & even my future husband. I love writing my thoughts down about a certain day or a certain person just to get things out. I just love writing. I would love to write a book or two, or twenty. If the Lord blessed me with an opportunity to do this, I would take it in a second. And if He provided people who wanted to read what I wrote by their own free will, that would also be wonderful.

I want to be a wonderful cook. I seriously doubt that I have the natural talent to become some master chef with my own Food Network show, but I can follow a recipe pretty well. And people like to eat it. So if I could improve those skills & use them to help land an awesome husband, then I am all for it. And I'm sure that if I do become a better cook, the instinct might come, or at least that's what I'm hoping.

I want to be a singer. This is the number one thing that my mind just screams "It will never happen!" when I even dare to dream about it. But I LOVE to sing. It has always been one of my favorite things to do. If I could get paid to do this, & once again if God provided the people that would support it & want to listen, that would be incredible. I can't imagine anything better than getting paid to do what you love to do.

Above all of these labeled "jobs", I want to be remembered. I want to be a positive influence on lives. I want to be used to accomplish work for the Kingdom. I want to be a happy, loved wife, & a wonderful mother, & the most awesome aunt my nephew & niece (on the way) could ever imagine. I want to be a loyal friend, a loving & treasured sister, & of course a dependable & pride-inducing daughter. But most of all I want to be valued as HIS, to be His "good and faithful servant". I want to know that whatever direction He takes me in, I am following His will & using the blessings He gives me to bless those around me in turn. I want to generously & readily share the joy that He has placed within my heart, & I want to remember that joy as my age climbs & life's challenges bring tinges of heartache. I want to be the maker of a legacy, one that leaves a mark on my part of the world.

And then, I want to be with Him forever. And if I don't get to be a full-time singer until then when I get to spend all of my days of eternity worshipping Him, I'll take it.

1 comment: