Sunday, October 3, 2010

(Im)perfection.

2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."


I am realizing more & more everyday my dear friends that I will never be perfect.

For a while I somehow made myself think that someday, I could figure things out. That when I graduated...when I got to college...when I get married...that everything would just be perfect.

That one day I'd wake up. And I would have perfect hair. And the perfect body image, not to mention the perfect body. And I would never say the wrong thing, or be awkward. And I would be completely independent & confident, all the time. I would somehow just have it all worked out.

I have realized I will never be that person.

Because the truth is, I mess up too often to keep track of. I handle things wrong, I say the wrong thing or I don't say anything when I should. My hair gets frizzy usually within 3 minutes of stepping outside. I will never be the thinnest girl in the room. I can't tell a good story to save my life.

And please don't misunderstand me. This isn't a "I hate myself" post like some people do. I know that the Lord has made me exactly the way I am to be used for His wonderful plan. This is more of a "I am so imperfect & yet HE still wants to use me."

Because like it says in the verse at the top, "His power is made perfect in weakness."

For those people that know me best, they know that I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I organize things, a lot. I clean a ton too. I try really hard to make good grades. I straighten things that are barely messy. And lately I've been realizing that this is me trying to somehow make up for the loose ends. For the ways that I am not perfect. But I'm realizing that I don't have to try so hard. He already covered my inperfections. He covered my sin on the cross. And best of all,

HIS power is made PERFECT in MY weakness.

When I don't have the words, He does.
When I don't have the strength to stand, He does.
When I don't have what it takes to make a difference, He does.

He works through my shortcomings to show His power. To bring the glory to Himself & not to me.

When I feel like I come up short, it doesn't even matter! Because IT'S NOT ABOUT ME!

No matter where the Lord plans to take me from here, what a blessing it is to know that I don't have to have the answers. I don't have to even have the abilities.

All I have to do is to be willing. And ready to follow His will.

In my imperfections, His plan is made perfect. His power is made perfect. And through growing closer to Him, I get one step closer to fulfilling this command:

Matthew 5:48 "Be perfect, therefore, as your Heavenly Father is perfect."

Here's the challenge today: to find perfection by leaning on Him THROUGH our imperfections!

No comments:

Post a Comment