Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blessings in brothers.




Today's my big brother's birthday. He is amazingly 21 years old today! I feel old.




We got to meet him & his wonderful girlfriend Chelsea for lunch in Athens. It was a lot of fun & I'm really glad I got to see him one more time before I head back to school this weekend.




I have always wished I could have sisters since I only had brothers but now that I'm older, I'm really really thankful that God gave me brothers. It has given me a chance to have the opportunity to study them (haha) & gain a bit more understanding of that gender. And the real blessing is that as they find wonderful girls, I get sisters anyway! It all works out. And I have the most amazing brothers. They both are incredibly independent, & through that have created some unique challenges for themselves here & there. But they both truly have wonderful hearts. Even though it's taken them a few years to admit it, I know how much they love me & I'm so thankful to have good relationships with them that are only getting better as we get older. God has just blessed me beyond measure with my siblings & even though I miss them terribly since we all live far apart, I'm grateful to have people like them to miss. I'm grateful to have relationships with each of them that are the type where I do miss them often. I'm entirely thankful for the laughter & the growth & the memories we've shared over the years, & the strength they've taught me. And I'm just so proud to call them mine, no matter what life may bring.




No comments:

Post a Comment