Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The potential of a year.

At the beginning of things, everything always feels so promising. At the beginning of a life, at the beginning of a marriage, a friendship, a year, a new job, college, whatever. It's always exciting not to know exactly what all is going to happen, and to dream about where the story is going to lead.

Right now in my story, I am entering my second year of college, and even as I type that I can't believe it. But I moved in yesterday and classes start tomorrow, and I just love that feeling of newness. I love not knowing who all I'm going to meet this year, and not knowing how my classes are going to be yet, and just not knowing what all God is going to do. It's all very exciting. I have a brand new roommate (who I love so far), and same room (some things should just be the same for comfort's sake ;) ) so this year feels like it's gonna be a great one!

As promising and as full of potential this year feels, I don't want to get caught up in little things day to day and miss out on making it a year that really stands out and counts for something. I don't want to get so focused on school and things that I miss opportunities to get involved with those around me and build relationships, because to me, that is the absolute priority in my life. After our relationship with Jesus, relationships with those around us are so important and special, and I feel like this year brings new chances to build strong ones and experience people in new ways.

It'll be interesting to look back at the end of this school year in May and see what all God has done. But for now, I can only look forward to starting classes tomorrow and getting started down whatever roads God is going to lead me down in the next few months!

To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment