Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Positivity is key.

Today was definitely interesting. I woke up today, & knew that I had things coming that were going to be probably quite challenging. But I decided I was going to have a good day. And guess what? I did. Which is pretty amazing considering I was totally unprepared for a spanish presentation & had some other things coming that I wasn't sure about. But really, it was good. If you sit & complain & feel sorry for yourself nothing ever gets better. But if you take charge of what's in front of you & do with it either what you have to do or just what you're able to do, things are way better. God's definitely teaching me that. Lately I've been so stressed out & focused on everything going horribly wrong & everything that's completely burying me under the pressure of it all, that I've been totally missing the things that are actually good. Which is sad. I want to just grow to be positive daily. To have an attitude that isn't shaken by what comes up. Which is basically only possible with Jesus, but that's totally cool because He of all people has definitely got my back. I'm just so excited to be in this season of life where I can truly work on improving myself. Improving my relationship with God, my relationships with friends & family, little things about myself that I've wished to fix for years that have just never happened. The beautiful thing is that I'm only 18 & I've just started learning. I've got so much room for improvement which is so exciting to me. At this point, about to start college soon & really get into real life, the possibilities are endless. Which at times is definitely completely overwhelming & scary but most of the time is so wonderful to know. I'm just so ready to get out of the day to day same-old, same-old life of being a teenager. School, homework, sleep, repeat. Not exciting. & most people would say that everything after isn't that great but how can we really not be excited about life when we have the Maker of everything wonderful writing our life story for us? I'm personally very excited. I can't wait to see what comes next & where He leads me. I went to the WinterJam concert the other night & signed up for bible verses to be sent to my phone every day & the one that came today was really great.

"You need to be patient, in order to do the will of God and recieve what He promises." Hebrews 10:36

Now, the patience is the scary part there, especially for a person who is so accustomed to the immediate response technology driven world. But if we master that, we can do the will of God, & who wouldn't want to do the will of God? The God who created us & has our best interests at heart, always. & the God who will give us not only eternal life but the best life available if we do as He asks. I don't know who would turn that down. I can't wait to recieve what He promises. In the meantime, I have plenty to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment