Wednesday, January 20, 2010

School. & oldness.

Today, I'm just tired. It wasn't so bad earlier on the tiredness level but it's starting to catch up with me. On the good side, today was pretty decent at school & I got a lot done. I'm just so ready to go to college & not spend 7 hours at school every day. I'm very thankful though for the wonderful encouraging friends that I have. Without Jesus & good friends, I don't think I could make it through. But the amazing thing is that we almost have. Through high school at least. Which blows my mind every time I think about it. I remember junior year hearing seniors in sunday school talking about all that I'm going through now & saying I'm so glad I have time before I have to do that. & now I'm right in the middle of it. Thankfully inching towards the other end, but still dealing with all of it. But I'm definitely ready for a change of scenery, making new friends, & independence. I just feel like when high school is over, wonderful things are coming. Can't. Wait.

On a subject other than school, because that seems to be all I think/write/talk about lately, the warm weather is coming back! I'm a person that doesn't like to be hot. But this year, I'm so excited for the warmer weather. So glad I live in Georgia. Bring it on, Spring. I can't wait for this summer. Mostly just for the pure satisfaction of knowing that I made it through school, but just for everything fun that's going to happen. Not quite sure what all this entails, but I'm sure it'll be great. I'm going to make it great. There goes that positivity again. I promise, it works.
Since MLK day gave us a short week this week, which makes me so thankful for that man for getting us a day out each year & not only for his more important achievements, it's already gloriously Wednesday night. Which means sleeping in an extra hour in the morning, & 2 more days of school before a weekend. Wednesday night always makes me feel like I've already made it through the week. Even know in my brain I know that I still have two days, it's like my brain is really happy that I've hit 3/5. It's like now that the days left are less than the days accomplished, I already feel like I've made it. It's great. & I can't wait for aerobics tomorrow night. I could do aerobics every single day of my life. It's so much better than running or walking, which I like to do those things alright as long as I have either friends or music, but aerobics is just so much more fun. It's great, I promise you.

My oldest brother is turning 24 tomorrow. The same brother who has a child & has been married for almost 2 years. This makes me feel very old. Especially every time I remember that I'm an aunt, But that's not what really bothers me, since people much younger than me have been aunts & uncles. But I just can't believe that me & my brothers are so old. Jon's 20 now & almost halfway through college, I'm about to start, & Alan's married with a kid. Crazy stuff. Life in the past few years had started to speed up, but lately it's like you wake up & then before you know it you're waking up again. Great reason to live every day to the fullest.

These are my thoughts for the day. Homework to do, naturally. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment